[wellylug] Telecom T Stick under Ubuntu

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Tue Sep 15 17:22:55 NZST 2009

I know this has been asked before, however i've obviously missed something;

It's been a while since I tried so I had another go last night; the
T-Stick is picked up so it was just a case of finding 'how'...

Google found Andrew McMillans site and another, and between the two I
figured to install gnome-ppp and set it up with
mobile at jamamobile/telecom/#777.

Now the log shows errors opening pppd and what almost looks like 'line
noise'.
Of note; autodetect modem in gnome-ppp found ttyUSB0 but also selected the
wrong type of modem... I tweaked that and upped the 'speed' setting.
Anyone done this before and can steer me the right way?

Else I was going to bring it to SFD. :-)

Mark.