[wellylug] Telecom T Stick under Ubuntu

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Tue Sep 15 20:10:11 NZST 2009

> However...
>
> I had to then manually run 'route add default ppp0' from a root prompt.
> AND. Firefox still think that it's needing to run in offline mode.  (ssh,
> from a terminal, works...)

Having manually put firefox back into 'online mode' (from the File menu)
things 'work'... however I wonder if this is something i'll have to
twiddle every time or not...

Anyhoo, blimming marvellous. Now ideally, id be able to find out how to
run gnome-ppp as a user, not as root...

(anyone got any clues as to exactly which files it wants to touch? I tried
setting the 'group' ownership of /etc/ppp/pap-secrets, chap-secrets and
/usr/sbin/pppd to a group which my account is a member of, didn't actually
seem to work, even with '7' group permissions on the files... wondering
what I missed... ppp threw up error code '2' which im still in the process
of looking up...

Basically hoping to benefit from someone else's experience :)

Mark.