[wellylug] Ubuntu too many kernels

Carl Turney c.turney at orcon.net.nz
Fri Feb 12 12:25:05 NZDT 2010

Hi,

> Check this out -
> http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2007/10/17/remove-ubuntu-kernels-you-dont-need/

That's exactly what I've done.  Most times, it comes up with an error
message, with a link to a screen shot of the removal script's output,
which I can't copy and paste into a post to show you on the List.

Also, the oldest kernal was removed OK (i.e. without error message) - but
there are still 1 or 2 big files in the /boot directory with that same
version number.  Not game to just erase them.

So far, I've gone from 100% full /boot partition only down to 82% full.
Not game to repartition, when that doesn't really fix the underlying
problem.  Not going to update my kernel until this gets fixed.

Cheers,

Carl