[wellylug] ADSL modem and Linux router/firewall without double NAT

Daniel Reurich daniel at centurion.net.nz
Tue Jan 5 10:00:25 NZDT 2010

If you get a dynalink modem and some other brands, they can be placed in
half bridge mode and will act as a transparent bridge giving your
firewall router the assigned IP address and no nat is done.   You will
of  course have to create an alias IP address on firewall/routers
external interface in the range of the modem as well to enable
management of the modem after setting this up, but it should achieve
your objective.

Daniel Reurich,
Centurion Computer Technology.