[wellylug] Install Suggestions

Dagan McGregor ardrigh at acsonline.co.nz
Sun Apr 3 16:37:21 NZST 2011

 On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 15:25:06 +1200, Grant McLean wrote:
> Hi
>
> I picked up a new desktop PC yesterday with the intention of running
> Ubuntu Linux on it but unfortunately haven't had any success with the
> installation.  The model is HP All-In-One 200-5020A.

  I don't know exactly what hardware are in the machines, but it's
 interesting looking at the screenshot, as the timing message is similar
 to what I see now with Fedora 15 Alpha testing, and the systemd start-up
 system.

  Have you tried a newer distribution with a newer kernel release? I
 believe Fedora 15 will have a beta out soon, there is an Alpha live
 image you can download. That would help get an indication if it's
 supporter by newer kernel drivers and patches.

  Often these sort of crashes can be anything from new video chipset, to
 a different embedded I/O controller. You have to test a few different
 versions of kernel to see if newer ones work.

  Dagan