[wellylug] Server still off line

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Mon Jan 17 14:39:12 NZDT 2011

Wow, Dejavu…

We covered all this off some time ago.  The DNS points at his host (ehost) who’re presumably doing some sort of redirection get the website to render the content of his own webserver (hosted on a Cable connection).

The alternatives covered including moving the DNS from ehost to his static IP, or referring him to ehost for assistance with the DNS piece, and there was also some feedback provided on Apache and its configuration.

Unfortunately John has not been able to post anything more detailed or explanatory than ‘it’s not working’ and make allusions to some details, but has not directly answered any of the technical questions posed.  Somehow it seems to be expected that we’ll be able to finish the puzzle with only half the pieces.

Given it’s been nearly 3 weeks with essentially no progress I reiterate my advice that it may be time to get professional assistance, as the level of assistance the LUG can provide doesn’t appear to be going anywhere.

Mark.