[wellylug] What do you expect from a user group meeting?

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Mon Jan 17 14:56:21 NZDT 2011

The recent spur of messages on this list has made me remember that there a large pool of knowledge in Wellington. I thought I would tap into that. As some of you will know, I'm organising Kiwi PyCon 2011, which will be based here in August. I want to make sure that the Wellington Python community is as strong as possible.

We have monthly meetings and I would love any advice to make them as productive and useful as possible.

I'm emailing this list because it probably has a few people who a) have thought about going along, but don't and b) attend other user group meetings. I have two queries:

- what do you expect from a user group meeting?
- do you want to provide an outsider's glance on ours to provide feedback on improving it?

I was wondering if someone from outside the Python community would like to sit in on our meetings. I would like some input on how other people do things and what we should incorporate into ours.

Ta

--
Tim McNamara
@timClicks