[wellylug] What do you expect from a user group meeting?

John Durham john.modec at xtra.co.nz
Tue Jan 18 11:26:42 NZDT 2011

On 17/01/2011 2:56 p.m., Tim McNamara wrote:
> The recent spur of messages on this list has made me remember that there
> a large pool of knowledge in Wellington. I thought I would tap into
> that. As some of you will know, I'm organising Kiwi PyCon 2011, which
> will be based here in August. I want to make sure that the Wellington
> Python community is as strong as possible.
>
> We have monthly meetings and I would love any advice to make them as
> productive and useful as possible.
>
> I'm emailing this list because it probably has a few people who a) have
> thought about going along, but don't and b) attend other user group
> meetings. I have two queries:
>
> - what do you expect from a user group meeting?
Information that I can understand...
> - do you want to provide an outsider's glance on ours to provide
> feedback on improving it?
I am not part of the python community, but am impressed with what some
are able to do.
> I was wondering if someone from outside the Python community would like
> to sit in on our meetings. I would like some input on how other people
> do things and what we should incorporate into ours.
>
> Ta
>
> --
> Tim McNamara
> @timClicks
> http://timmcnamara.co.nz
I still have a Centos server that's not serving up pages. So far, nobody
has turned up with help.
I cannot detach it from the network as it may cause more problems.
It is Cent-OS
Might take me a while to pay for a pro to look at it.