[wellylug] Just discovered server is not serving up pages

Phillip Hutchings sitharus at sitharus.com
Tue Jan 18 21:04:19 NZDT 2011

On 18/01/2011, at 8:51 PM, Don Gould wrote:

> I'm completely confused.
>
> I've been following this thread for almost a month...
>
> Why doesn't John simply delegate the dns to his server?
>
> I've checked the server, there's nothing wrong with it (or there wasn't when I looked).
>
> Why does he want a Linux guru when he clearly DOESN'T need one, but needs help with DNS delegation?

I posted a few ideas based on reading the 5th or 6th cry for help. I'll admit that I didn't read the previous emails.

Looking at what you've quoted it's quite obvious. There is no problem with the server. None at all. Using the IP address 121.73.82.180 works, it gets a page that looks like it might be the primary vhost.

So yes, the DNS is wrong. modecideas.com is using ehosts' DNS servers, so that's where to fix it.

--
Phillip Hutchings
sitharus at sitharus.com