[wellylug] Just discovered server is not serving up pages

Phillip Hutchings sitharus at sitharus.com
Tue Jan 18 21:29:03 NZDT 2011

On 18/01/2011, at 9:17 PM, Don Gould wrote:

> On 18/01/2011 9:04 p.m., Phillip Hutchings wrote:
>> So yes, the DNS is wrong. modecideas.com is using ehosts' DNS servers, so that's where to fix it.
> I agree.
>
> However, and sorry to be blunt, you still haven't answered my question, you've simply focused on the technical problem which I already understood.
>
> Why is he asking for help from the list when he CLEARLY should be asking for help from eHosts to point his dns entry to the correct IP?
>
> That's the bit I don't understand.

Yes, that escapes me as well. It's most certainly the issue here, nothing to do with Linux at all.

It could be that ehost.com seem to charge extra for you to manage your own DNS? (http://www.ehost.com/product/customdnsrecord.bml) That or just simply use your own DNS servers if you have them, http://www.ehost.com/knowledgebase/beta/article.bml?ArticleID=166

--
Phillip Hutchings
sitharus at sitharus.com