[wellylug] Just discovered server is not serving up pages

John Durham john.modec at xtra.co.nz
Wed Jan 19 08:46:22 NZDT 2011

On 19/01/2011 6:59 a.m., John Durham wrote:
> On 18/01/2011 9:04 p.m., Phillip Hutchings wrote:
>>
>> On 18/01/2011, at 8:51 PM, Don Gould wrote:
>>
>>> I'm completely confused.
>>>
>>> I've been following this thread for almost a month...
>>>
>>> Why doesn't John simply delegate the dns to his server?
The server seems fine as far as it goes.
The suggestion above may mean something to you, but
I need a better explanation of this to do anything.
>>> I've checked the server, there's nothing wrong with it (or there
>>> wasn't when I looked).
>>>
>>> Why does he want a Linux guru when he clearly DOESN'T need one, but
>>> needs help with DNS delegation?
That seems important. What exactly is involved in DNS delegation
(remember there is only one Cent-OS server here).
>> I posted a few ideas based on reading the 5th or 6th cry for help.
>> I'll admit that I didn't read the previous emails.
>>
>> Looking at what you've quoted it's quite obvious. There is no problem
>> with the server. None at all. Using the IP address 121.73.82.180
>> works, it gets a page that looks like it might be the primary vhost.
>>
>> So yes, the DNS is wrong. modecideas.com is using ehosts' DNS servers,
>> so that's where to fix it.
In that case, I need to understand that more clearly.

DNS stands for Domain Name Server(s).
Is that the equivalent of hosting the domain on ehost?

--
Regards, John Durham
Fax/Phone 64 4 5286786