[wellylug] Just discovered server is not serving up pages

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Wed Jan 19 16:33:03 NZDT 2011

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011, John Durham wrote:

> On 19/01/2011 2:20 p.m., Alick Wilson wrote:
>> Hello John
>>
>> Geekzone and Whirlpool are both excellent forums. However, I think you are
>> unlikely to solve your problem there unless you provide a lot more relevant
>> and detailed information about your environment and the problem itself.
>>
>> Members of this list have been very patient and helpful in asking you
>> questions, trying to get sufficient information from you to first diagnose
>> the problem and second fix it. However, the information you have provided
>> on
>> this list so far is insufficient to diagnose and solve the problem by
>> email.
>>
>> If you are unable to provide this information you really should follow an
>> earlier suggestion, namely hire a
>> Student to come on-site, at perhaps $50 or $100 on a no cure no pay basis.
>>
>> Or, if not a student, try Need a Nerd or Geeks on Wheels.
>>
>> Good luck,
>> Alick Wilson
> Have you got someone in mind?
> my experience so far has shown that a number of members of this list are
> capable of handling such a problem (perhaps even the one who set it up).

John

1) Please insert a couple of linespaces between what you quote, and what
you write. It'll make your emails look less like a wall of text; at
present it's hard to see what you've added.

2) Student Job Search was suggested. Otherwise, there are several places
to find suitable professionals. One put his hand up on list. I previously
suggested a place to find references to a few more - Refer to
http://lists.wellylug.org.nz/pipermail/wellylug/2011-January/020560.html -
but bear in mind this is a Linux Users Group, those are Linux consultants.

3) I've no doubt plenty of folks on this list could sort you out.  However
as none have offered, you need to try another approach.

Mark.