[wellylug] Who is interested in rekindling WellyLUG?

Bruce Hoult bruce at hoult.org
Wed Mar 13 16:47:08 NZDT 2013

What is the purpose now?

I know I found myself getting a lot less interested in such local
groups after the invention of PPP (ok, actually I used SLIP at home
for a while between UUCP and PPP) and HTTP.

Unless they are one of two things:

- a "chew the fat with old friends over beer/pizza" BS session, or

- physically building something with others. e.g. the Makerbot I have
a share in.