[wellylug] Facebook alternatives

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Fri Mar 15 14:23:12 NZDT 2013

I have a Diaspora account, which i've touched maybe half-a-dozen-times,
ever. (Managed to get an invite to it when it was still fairly closed).

The chicken-and-egg thing means that without a critical mass of users
there, it has limited value.

Google+ has had the same thing, though it's also had more time to become
established (and more people get dragged into it via their Android
devices and existing gmail/youtube accounts, etc.)