[wellylug] How others do it: CC-NZ

Douglas Bagnall douglas at halo.gen.nz
Fri Mar 15 15:05:12 NZDT 2013

hi all,

Without having closely followed their debate (or ours), I understand
that CC-NZ came to the conclusion that is was OK for them to use
Facebook for *outreach* so long as every substantive message there was
also sent to the list. Thread starts here:

http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/cc-nz/2012-November/000854.html

It didn't take long for this undertaking to seem to be ignored:

http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/cc-nz/2012-December/000908.html

but that turned out to be caching issues rather than treachery.

On the original question, in practice I would be very unlikely to
attend Wellylug meetings. There are dozens of technical meet-ups I
don't get to each month, and I don't feel the need for another.

regards,
Douglas