[wellylug] Re. How others do it: CC-NZ (Douglas Bagnall)

Adam Bogacki adam.bogacki at clear.net.nz
Sat Mar 16 12:22:12 NZDT 2013

We are living in constantly changing labour markets and
in this day and age there are many ways to communicate
and support each other, when necessary, through different media.

 An irc channel

[# wellylug at irc.sitharus.com
or
##wellylug on irc.freenode.net]

is cost efficient for many and independent of the tyrannies of time or
distance,

while others might wish to meet socially over some brewed or fermented
refreshment.

I was at a Wellylug meeting at 'silverstripe' when a polite  gentleman
came in and
sat down introducing himself as Linus Torvalds. I think he was visiting
them and
had heard of the WellyLug meeting.

I probably made a dick of myself refusing to believe it was him, but such
accidental encounters which make social life interesting are seldom
found online.

In short, I'd argue for flexibility ..

Cheers.