[wellylug] Raid trouble

peterlowrie@vodafone. co.nz peterlowrie at vodafone.co.nz
Thu Apr 21 12:04:23 NZST 2016

Reconnect all connectors

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.-------- Original message --------From: edouard chalaron <e.chalaron at xtra.co.nz> Date: 21/04/2016  11:59 am  (GMT+12:00) To: wellylug <wellylug at lists.wellylug.org.nz> Subject: [wellylug] Raid trouble
Hi all
I am a bit puzzled here....Here we go; after a reboot a machine lost the plot on a RAID0. Could not mount it.No need to say that usually it boots without any warning or alerts, hence my surprise
So .. removed the line in /etc/fstab to be able to boot
The Raid has 5 drives (sdb to sdf)Using the GUI md0 is not detected, although seems to be here
# ll /dev/md0 brw-rw---- 1 root disk 9, 0 Apr 21 11:18 /dev/md0
I decided to carry on and try to assemble it : and I get that sdb1 et sdc1 are busy ! therefore can't be mounted etc ...I tried the --fail or --remove on   /dev/md0 without success
also since md0 appears in the /dev and it's XFS; let's try xfs_db
xfs_db: error - read only 0 of 32768 bytesxfs_db: /dev/md0 is invalid (cannot read first 512 bytes)
So I suppose their is no point trying a xfs_repair either.
The way I understand it : something somewhere is wrongly telling me that my 2 drives sdb and sdc are busy.
but where .....
any idea anyone ?ThanksEd