[wellylug] Trouble resolving with name server

jumbophut jumbophut at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 09:45:58 UTC 2017

On 12/18/17, Xav Paice <xavpaice at gmail.com> wrote:
> FWIW, it all works perfectly for me from Google's and Vodafone's DNS
> servers, as well as querying freeparking direct.  Can't see anything wrong,
> but I'm not using the same ISP as you and their DNS rightly blocks my IP.
>
> My money's on the ISP's DNS doing something dumb, and there's a good
> chance that they'll make another change, and either catastrophically fail or
> accidentally fix this one while mopping up something seemingly unrelated.

Well I don't know if they heard you, but just minutes after your reply
it's working (it hasn't been working on repeated attempts over many
days).  If someone from the ISP fixed it, or someone from Freeparking,
or both, well done!  Hopefully it stays fixed.

It has been a good opportunity to learn a little bit about DNS.

--
Tony (echo 'spend!,pocket awide' | sed 'y/acdeikospntw!, /l at omcgtjuba.phi/')