[wellylug] Trouble resolving with name server

Xav Paice xavpaice at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 09:07:04 UTC 2017

FWIW, it all works perfectly for me from Google's and Vodafone's DNS
servers, as well as querying freeparking direct.  Can't see anything wrong,
but I'm not using the same ISP as you and their DNS rightly blocks my IP.

I'd be talking to your ISP, and getting it in writing from their tech that
they believe it's Freeparking's servers, and also be talking with
Freeparking and doing the same... then get some popcorn and watch the
battle.  Most of the techs we get to speak with on the phone are only
really able to use a script, you'll want it escalated with pastebin type
evidence of the problem.  I've not dealt with your ISP in years, but they
were great when I last did deal with them (before they were bought out).

My money's on the ISP's DNS doing something dumb, and there's a good chance
that they'll make another change, and either catastrophically fail or
accidentally fix this one while mopping up something seemingly unrelated.