[wellylug] WellyLUG Future

Michael Fincham michael at hotplate.co.nz
Sun Apr 29 04:51:53 UTC 2018

Hi all,

On Fri, 27 Apr 2018 03:41:44 +0000, Hugh Davenport wrote:
> In the meantime, there is a new user group called "Wellington Open Source Show And Tell"
> (https://wossat.nz)

As someone who's put a bit of time in to helping do WellyLUG things in the last couple of years,
and knowing the WOSSAT folks and the process that went in to starting it, I think it's best to think
of this not so much as an end to WellyLUG but as a merger of several smaller and quite overlapping
interest meetups in Wellington, and that merger will retain the essential qualities of those
smaller groups.

I'll continue to idle on the IRC most likely, and I'm happy to take over running the list if we
decide we'd like to keep it.

Grant will be the main Catalyst contact for WOSSAT but I'm happy to endorse it as a good successor
for WellyLUG and I'll most likely be around helping out with things still.

Thanks Hugh and everyone who's been coming to WellyLUG, it's really been a blast to see the great
talks and meet the locals. I really think WellyLUG has had some of the best talks I've been to at
meetups in Wellington.

--
Michael