[wellylug] Coyote

Richard Hector rhector at actrix.gen.nz
Mon Jul 23 16:31:54 NZST 2001

"Klenner, Colin" wrote:

> >From memory
>
> Standard ISA cards used either IRQ5 or 7 , i/o 2b8 and memory address range
> either C800, D000, d400 or d800.

That doesn't sound right to me for NE2000 cards - They usually have IO
in the range 0x240 - 340, and IRQ 2 (or 9), 3, 5, 7, or on clones, 10,
11, or 12.

This is also from memory - but I'm quite sure those high addresses
aren't right for NE2000s.

When installing under Win 3.11 years ago, I set them up with 0x300, IRQ
10.
Under Linux, I gather it's preferable to use 0x340 - I can't remember
why, or if the same would have applied to Windows if I'd known about it.

Richard

        http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/lug/