THE project (was Re: [wellylug] Last nights meeting)

Lorraine Offord & Tony Wills ajwills at paradise.net.nz
Sun Feb 17 10:00:19 NZDT 2002

What packages have you looked at and what do you intend to use?

--- Tony

At 23:25 16-02-02 +1300, Daniel Reurich <dreurich at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>I'm looking to similar stuff at the moment, and will let you know when I
>get something working myself.

>> A single linux box providing the following services to machines on a
>> local
>> network:
>> 1) dhcp server
>> 2) dial on demand internet access
>> 3) local network mail server and internet mail router:
>> 3a) act as pop3 server for small local network
>> 3b) act as pop3 client to clear mail from a single mailbox on an ISP
>> 3c) act as smtp server to distribute this mail to appropriate addresses
>> on
>> local network
>> 3d) act as smtp client to send mail via ISP
>> 3e) do all connections to ISP via dial on demand connection

Sponsored by VeriSign - The Value of Trust
Do you need to encrypt all your online transactions? Find
the perfect solution in this FREE Guide from VeriSign.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/jWSNbC/UdiDAA/yigFAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/