THE project (was Re: [wellylug] Last nights meeting)

Daniel Reurich dreurich at paradise.net.nz
Sun Feb 17 18:18:36 NZDT 2002

I haven't decided but probably a combination of sendmail and fetch mail.  I
want to use something that I can control via scripts, and cron.  I will try
to build a nice interface to control it later once I have got it working
with the functionality I require.

On 2002.02.17 10:00 Lorraine Offord & Tony Wills wrote:

> What packages have you looked at and what do you intend to use?
>
> --- Tony
>
> At 23:25 16-02-02 +1300, Daniel Reurich <dreurich at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> >I'm looking to similar stuff at the moment, and will let you know when I
> >get something working myself.

> >> A single linux box providing the following services to machines on a
> >> local
> >> network:
> >> 1) dhcp server
> >> 2) dial on demand internet access
> >> 3) local network mail server and internet mail router:
> >> 3a) act as pop3 server for small local network
> >> 3b) act as pop3 client to clear mail from a single mailbox on an ISP
> >> 3c) act as smtp server to distribute this mail to appropriate
> addresses
> >> on
> >> local network
> >> 3d) act as smtp client to send mail via ISP
> >> 3e) do all connections to ISP via dial on demand connection
>

>   .-.   Wellington
>   /V\   Linux
>  // \\  Users
> /(   )\ Group
>  ^^-^^
>         http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/

Sponsored by VeriSign - The Value of Trust
Secure all your Web servers now - with a proven 5-part
strategy. The FREE Server Security Guide shows you how.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/iWSNbC/VdiDAA/yigFAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/