[wellylug] Re: Wireless Networking

Mangee - Jo joseph at paradise.net.nz
Sat Aug 9 12:43:37 NZST 2003

I been thinking of it too.. I habituate with a number of people with Macs
and Airport (Apples interpretation of 802.11b/g), and would like to
investigate the possibilities of using it.
I last had a look at the situation about three months ago - and came to the
conclusion to wait for 802.11g support, or buy an access point and use
ethernet to connect to it (and possibly batteries for mobile use??).  I
have/use a Toshiba 2670DVD laptop with PCMCIA card ethernet, as well as a
number of desktop PCs... Let us know if your search is rewarded.. :)
-Mangee
See the playback at http://webcam.hopto.org