[wellylug] Red Hat

Rob Giltrap rob at ubietygroup.com
Sat Feb 15 20:07:49 NZDT 2003

Rose

Clarifying Simon's point below RedHat 8.0 actually uses XFree86 v4.2.0

The latest available version is v4.2.1

>From ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/4.2.1/doc/README.s3virge

"The s3virge driver in XFree86 4.2.1 supports the S3 ViRGE, ViRGE DX,
GX, GX2, MX, MX+, and VX chipsets.  It also supports Trio3D and
Trio3D/2x chips."

This appears to show that your specific S3 chipset is one of the few not
supported. I also looked at the upcoming v4.3.0 release and this also
does not appear to support your chipset, so unfortunately it appears you
will have to live with the older versions like as suggested by Simon or
try and find another video card which is supported.

Sorry, I can't be of more help.

Rob.

Rob Giltrap <rob at ubietygroup.com>

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!