[wellylug] Laptop Battery Problems....

Eugene Van Wyk Eugene.VanWyk at 4rf.com
Wed Sep 24 07:39:48 NZST 2003

I have come across a few compaqs with battery indication problems.
Although I haven't worked on them my guess would be a problem around the
battery management chip/sensing circuits.  I had a "MECER" machine in
SA, - many people in the company had - and you could not believe the
battery info on any of those machines.

I also know of one older machine  where the owner claims loading
newer/appropriate drivers sorted things out.  I did not see this happen,
but the guy (although not a hardware buff), certainly knows how to
upgrade his own machines, so I would not dispute his story.

Eugene van Wyk

Test Development Engineer

4RF Communications

26 Glover str