[wellylug] Mailing lists & installfest....

Wood Brent pcreso at pcreso.com
Tue Apr 20 17:44:12 NZST 2004

As we (or some of us anyway- the secret cabal who is taking over WLUG to make
millions from introducing subscriptions) discussed lat night:

Ewen raised the possibility of a separate list for installfest tech support.

A group of us discussed this. Given that the list in a very real sense IS the
LUG, we were not generally happy about fragmenting it.

Any comments from others?

Some of us thought that the last thing a new user trying to get to grips with
the confusing idiosynchracies of a new OS after the 'fest needs is to join a
list where the majority of the traffic is non-technical, philosopical or
humerous.

We figured that a request for the members to try to limit non support related
messages for a week or three after the 'fest would encourage new members to
partipate & not scare them off, and avoid any benefit from having a separate
list.

So let us know if this is reasonable, not, a total denial of your civil
liberties, or you think a separate tech/support or 'fest/support list is a
better idea?

Brent