[wellylug] CDRW & DVD mount conflict ?

Adam Bogacki afb at paradise.net.nz
Thu Jun 17 23:53:43 NZST 2004

Thanks.

I am running a dual-booted WinXP and Debian unstable system.
All devices, including dvd & cdrw operate normally under XP so the problem
is almost certainly not hardware.

I don't understand the error messages. Mplayer works well with streaming
video & audio
but I can't get it to play DVD's. I think it comes down to understanding
why I can't correctly mount the DVD & CDRW devices. Permissions ?

I'm not quite sure where to look to enable DMA, or turn it off.

Adam.