[wellylug] New prices for TelstraClear Cable

Ewen McNeill wellylug at ewen.mcneill.gen.nz
Wed Mar 3 08:52:23 NZDT 2004

In message <Pine.LNX.4.58.0403030815320.27192 at localhost>, David Antliff writes:
>Personally I find these new plans, on a whole, disappointing.

I, on the other hand, am very pleased.  It'll give me an outbound speed
boost, 5 times the data cap, a much lower excess traffic charge, all for
about $25 less than I'm paying now.  (Hence my attempt, like Rob, to
sign up immediately.)

>My current plan (phone + 10GiB @ 256kbit/sec) costs about $85 a month. I
>am very happy with this

Then simply don't change plans.  I know several people who still have
the very original plans offered by Saturn, which they've achieved simply
by never calling up to change plans.  They've had their "discontinued"
plan for several years after it was discontinued.

The only catch I've heard of is that if you actually call them for some
reason (even an unrelated reason) they'll "fix up" your plan to one of
the currently available ones while tidying up your account in general.

Ewen