[wellylug] New prices for TelstraClear Cable

Donald Gordon don at dis.org.nz
Wed Mar 3 15:39:50 NZDT 2004

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 01:11:27 +1300
Rob Giltrap <rob at ubietygroup.com> wrote:

> HighSpeed 5G offers 2048 kbps/512 kbps and 5 Gigabytes for $59.95
> ($84.90 with phone). Lightspeed 10G provides a staggering 10240
> kbps/1024 kbps - 200 times faster than dial-up - plus 10 Gigabytes for
> $139.95 ($164.90 with phone). Additional usage charges are charged in
> blocks, depending on the plan chosen, and range from 4.95c per megabyte
> down to 1.5c per megabyte.

According to http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3552257 :

 "The previous split charging for international and domestic traffic has
  been abandoned, with all data charged at the same rate."

That's really annoying.  I liked the old scheme - this means that the
new 1GB plan is faster, but gives you much less traffic than the old
one, depending on your usage :-(

donald