[wellylug] Mandrake 10 "issues"

Robin Hinde robin at hindesite.co.nz
Sun Mar 14 09:49:12 NZDT 2004

I have tried the first CD of the Community download 3 CD set, with somewhat
disappointing results. The first CD does boot, though (at least, it does on 2
of my systems) - contrary to some reports that it is broken and doesn't boot.

System 1:	Previously installed 9.1, then upgraded to 9.2, then upgraded to
10beta1 with no problems, still running that fine. MD10 boots and starts
setup but stops and warns the partition table is corrupted and not readable,
the only way forward is to repartition the drive. No upgrade path there :-)

System 2:	Previously installed 9.1, then upgraded with no problems to 9.2,
which is running fine. MD10 boots and starts install but doesn't appear to
recognise there is an existing upgradable installation - it only offers a new
installation to existing partitions. No upgrade path there, either :-(

Any comments or pointers?

cheers

  -=rjh=-