[wellylug] What package do I use to link into another network?

A. Dreyer adreyer at upb.de
Tue May 11 00:24:08 NZST 2004

Rob Giltrap wrote:
[..]
> It depends on what they use to provide the access. A very common
> solution is Cisco VPN which is easily installed onto a linux system.
> However having said that Mandrake 10.0 uses the 2.6.x kernel which
> currently has a problem with the Cisco VPN client, this has been
> resolved by Cisco but the patch is not yet readily available.

Hy,

The vpnclient-4.0.4 is available since last week and I tested it using
Kernel 2.6.5 without any problems.

- If you are using any of the prebuild debian kernels make sure you edit
   the $KSRC/include/linux/version.h to match the output of `uname -r` ..
- If version.h does not exist - create it:
      '(cd $KSRC; make-kpkg configure;)'

Regards,
Achim Dreyer
--
A. Dreyer // Readymix AG, Abt. Server&Netze // Tel. (+49)2102/401-814