[wellylug] What package do I use to link into another network?

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Tue May 11 07:17:34 NZST 2004

Colin & Josephine Lewis wrote:
> My wife is thinking of asking permission for external access into her works
> network, using our home PC, now running Mdk 10.0.  I know there are MS
> packages that provide such links, but what is available for Linux, and how
> easy are they to set up?

I used to successfully connect to an NT/2000 RAS server using PPTP.  I
can't exactly remember which package I used, but this look promising:

     http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/

I seem to recall that the setup was pretty easy - it needed to know the
IP address of the RAS server and the NT username/password.

Cheers
Grant