[wellylug] Remember Rekall?

JP jumbophut at yahoo.co.in
Fri May 14 16:04:06 NZST 2004

There was some discussion about drop-in MS Access
replacements for Linux on this list a while ago.  An
article just popped up on one of the pages I read, and
is interesting.

while running RC2 of SUSE 9.1 on my desktop the past
few weeks. You may remember that Rekall began its life
as a proprietary product sold by TheKompany. Today,
Rekall is a dual-licensed GUI database front-end with
aspirations of becoming Linux's answer to Microsoft
Access. The 2.2.0-beta1 release of the GPLd version
bundled with SUSE 9.1 is not Access yet, but it's very
usable. "

Read the rest here:
<http://software.newsforge.com/software/04/04/20/1823249.shtml>

Cheers