[wellylug] [Fwd: [Player-announce] Helix Player 1.0/RealPlayer10 Alpha release is live!]

Rob Giltrap rob at ubietygroup.com
Tue May 18 22:15:12 NZST 2004

FYI,

-------- Original Message -------
I just finished uploading the last of the various packages for the Helix
Player 1.0/RealPlayer 10 Alpha to the player downloads
<https://player.helixcommunity.org/2004/downloads/> site.

The Helix Player is now 100% open source, and includes support for Ogg
Vorbis /and/ Ogg Theora, as well as SMIL 2.0 so that you can combine
Theora videos with JPEG, GIF, or PNG images and RealText.  The
RealPlayer 10 alpha is a superset of the Helix Player alpha, and adds
support for RealAudio, RealVideo, MP3, and Flash.
See the release notes
<https://player.helixcommunity.org/2004/draft/AlphaReleaseNotes.html> to
find out about the rest of the enhancements and give the players a
whirl. We love your feedback and comments as always, so use any avenue
you are comfortable with (forums, email, bugzilla)  and let us know what
you think!

We have tried hard to get all the bad bugs out but remember that it's
alpha and constantly improving with your feedback and help.
Enjoy the player!

-V

--
Vikram Dendi