OT: Re: [wellylug] Oh whoopee

jumbophut jumbophut at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 22:46:10 NZST 2005

On 4/17/05, Colin Templeman wrote:
> I cant say I am surprised, but I still feel let down by this :(

The Commerce Commission's reply suggests they are focussing on the
issues of anti-competitiveness or compliance with the
Telecommunications Act, which is not surprising since the earlier
letters I saw on this list seemed to focus on that sort of issue too.

However, you may have a stronger case under the Fair Trading Act,
assuming the TC contract didn't clearly indicate that 'international
traffic' would be defined as 'anything not covered by a peering
agreement with TC, even if that means traffic originating from and
terminating at points within NZ'.  Try writing again, citing the way
in which the Act has been breached.  Or you can go direct to a
disputes tribunal.

More here:
<http://www.consumeraffairs.govt.nz/consumerinfo/fta.html>

--