[wellylug] "The quart-annual top-posting debate" was: Setting up a simple web server

Pete Black pete at marchingcubes.com
Tue Aug 9 21:38:37 NZST 2005

You have to wonder, if top-posting is such a bad thing, why most mail
clients default to putting the cursor at the top of the reply when
replying to emails.

Perhaps if it bothers you enough, you post-order zealots should submit
patches to evolution, thunderbird, mutt and probably emacs too to send
the cursor to the bottom of the post when replying to mail.

I'm actually half-serious about this, since if it took more effort to
top-post, I doubt hopelessy lazy a**holes like me would ever do it.

-Pete