[wellylug] Visit to New Zealand

Martin Bähr mbaehr at email.archlab.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jan 6 02:39:39 NZDT 2005

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 03:11:13AM +0100, ruediger at berlich.de wrote:
> It has turned out that my rental car company doesn't allow me
> to change cars in Picton (which seems to be the usual way of
> going to the North Island - I'm in Christchurch now), and the
> ferry company has quoted me a rather high price for bringing the
> car to the North Island.

take the train! the traintrip by itself is worth doing this.
besides the conductor is a funny guy (if it is still the same person it
was 4 years ago :-) and the there is an open platform. (when have you
last been on a train outside? :-)
i was there in winter and it was fun, summer must be even better.

greetings, martin.
--
    offering experience: sTeam, caudium, pike, roxen and unix sysadmin
  doing: programming, training and administration. anywhere in the world