Debian/Ubuntu as cruelty? (was Re: [wellylug] ubuntu help.... & SimplyMEPIS Linux)

Andrej andrej at paradise.net.nz
Fri Aug 18 09:52:22 NZST 2006

On Friday 18 August 2006 09:20, Brent Wood wrote:

> Thanks Geraint. There is a bit of high dudgeon around this
> ain't there! I only ever encounter it when I suggest anything
> Debian might be less than the word of God (or his prophets Deb
> & Ian :-) For some reason users of other distros don't seem to
> take themselves so seriously.
Don't say that;  Slackware is best ;} ... but I must admit that I
have mellowed out a bit.  Only people who suggest Ubuntu as the
cure to problems with other distros get me very antsy, still.
IMNSHO Ubuntu is quite a PITA, more so than debian itself; and
no, I don't base that on thin air but on the fact that I have an
ugly ubuntu 64 install right here under my desk.

> Brent
Cheers,
Andrej

--
A: because it messes up threading
Q: why should I not reply by top-posting?