[wellylug] Very Important: Meeting of 13th Feb 2005

Bret Comstock Waldow bwaldow at alum.mit.edu
Thu Feb 16 12:33:20 NZDT 2006

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:27, Mark Foster wrote:

> - "In Charge" translates to "Administers the Mailing List".  So in effect
> there is no person "In charge of the LUG".

<snip>

> So why do you need a figurehead? or heads?

I believe the technical term is "target" or "scapegoat".

But I have an observation...

I suspect that if some of the higher life forms want to organize themselves to
do something, it won't prevent me from continuing to occasionally float into
a meeting and be bemused to find myself in the midst of such (intended)
organization - I'll just continue to enjoy the blinking lights as before,
spineless jellyfish that I am.

And if something catches my interest, I might be stirred to flap my umbra and
head over to have a look.  And if something really hits me, I might be
tempted to evolve.  Or maybe not.

But I don't see that the higher life forms are imposing anything on me - I
think I can just float as I have been, perhaps a bit more entertained from
time to time.

In short, I don't see any reason for concern.  Let the vertebrates have their
fun - they don't really threaten me.

I have Lazy Evaluation down to an art.

I suppose they could ask for dues or something - that would be alarming.
Especially around free software...

Cheers,
Bret