[wellylug] Dynamix UPS

Jasper Bryant-Greene jasper at unleash.co.nz
Sat Jan 12 13:29:12 NZDT 2008

Hi there,

I have the 1000VA version, which was $130 or so at Global PC. It is also
apparently a line interactive UPS.

I've power-off tested it about 10 times, and it has worked perfectly
each time. Haven't tested output power quality, but it runs my server,
Linksys WRT300N, Linksys PAP2T, cordless telephone and Dynalink ADSL
modem just fine.

I couldn't get it to work with NUT, but the software on the included CD
is very simple and works well, so I've just installed that under /opt
with a custom init script (unsurprisingly, they didn't include
Gentoo-compatible init scripts).

If I pull the power out, it runs "shutdown" with a time of 9 minutes
(tested run-time of the UPS with the equipment I have on it is 13
minutes). If I then replace the power, it cancels the shutdown.

Cheers,
Jasper