[wellylug] Convergence and Spotmau

Lindsay Hunter lindsay at csw.co.nz
Thu Nov 20 08:46:08 NZDT 2008

All of these things are great.  What I find interesting is the
convergence.  Who will get there first?  It reminds me of the
convergence of Unix and PCs way back.  One group were teaching
networking to a PC, and the other group were teaching desktops to a
networking system.  Now they are doing the same things, for better or worse.

We need a gadget that you can send words on, send voices on, write,
listen, watch, and that can work all day from uptime to bedtime, and
will not distort the Armani suit with the weight in the wrong pocket. :-)

Anyone looked at http://www.spotmau.com/  Looks like a Linux
distribution, but does not talk about it.  I expect it would need a GNU
statement somewhere?

Lindsay