[wellylug] Ubuntu 8.04 and Acer laptops - compatibility?

Rob Collins robcollins55 at aim.com
Thu Sep 18 14:25:42 NZST 2008

I bought the 4315 with ubuntu pre-installed.  Still works really well
but had a few issues to work through manually one of them being the wifi
which requires madwifi to be installed after disabling the proprietary
drivers.  In general though I've been really happy with it.  I suspect
the successors you mention here will have similar teething (but easily
solvable) issues.