[wellylug] Install Suggestions

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Mon Apr 4 09:00:55 NZST 2011

On Sun, 2011-04-03 at 15:25 +1200, Grant McLean wrote:
> Hi
>
> I picked up a new desktop PC yesterday with the intention of running
> Ubuntu Linux on it but unfortunately haven't had any success with the
> installation.  The model is HP All-In-One 200-5020A.

Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions.  I've pretty much decided
to give up on this one and take it back for a refund.

It ran memtest for some hours and then died with an 'unexpected
interrupt' error.  It has also powered off unexpectedly a couple of
times while running the Windows 7 OS that came pre-installed.

I suspect that the Ubuntu install problems are due to the chipset used
not being fully supported by the Linux kernel.  But given the time
required to mess around with it, the overall package is not looking so
cheap.

So thanks again for all suggestions.

Cheers
Grant