[wellylug] [Pgug] WellyLUG rekindling

Jethro Carr jethro.carr at jethrocarr.com
Thu Mar 14 21:54:56 NZDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-03-14 at 14:07 +1300, Hugh Davenport wrote:
> In the meantime, I will stick with my original idea,
> having a public mailing list, and perhaps some more
> modern event management system. Facebook was used as
> a suggestion for that, as was Meetup, or even a public
> ics file. I'm open to suggestions!

hi Hugh,

The mailing list has been the one thing that's survived long term with
WellyLUG, so definitely keep it around and send meeting notifications to
it.

That being said, Facebook and Twitter are very effective tools to
promote events to general audiences and Meetup whilst annoying is also a
great way to find new events - I've been using it heavily here in Sydney
to find events to attend.

The website currently is very dated, I'd personally suggest just a
simple static page detailing Wellylug and the different communications
avenues available and where to find meeting information.

regards,
jethro

--
Jethro Carr